Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Whole30 Week Three

Whole30
BBQ on sweet potato with coleslaw





Having two weeks under our belt was a good feeling. Having two weeks ahead of us was not a good feeling. Yin and yang, if you will.

Day Fifteen
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs
Snack: Those Chocolate Pumpkin Cups *shudder*
Dinner: Chocolate chili over a baked sweet potato and topped with avocado
This is when I had hallucinations of cornbread; I thought I saw it and I'm pretty sure I smelled it. You can be sure that my tastebuds never wanted cornbread more than they did at that moment!

Day Sixteen
Breakfast: Fried eggs; Aidell's chicken sausage; zucchini-sweet potato latkes with applesauce (yes, I know that's awfully close to the "No Paleo-fying unhealthy foods such as pancakes" rule
Lunch: Leftover Potato Soup; baked sweet potato
Snack: Strawberry coconut butter  that tasted like those strawberry shortcake ice cream bars that I just so happen to adore. The recipe was for truffles, but I just ate it out of the container.
Snack: Banana; pear
Dinner: Coconut-flour-coated pork chops; mustard Brussels sprouts; baked sweet potato; salad with a funky little avocado ranch dressing that I tried to make...tried...

Day Seventeen
Breakfast: Fried eggs; Blueberry sausage patties; roasted white potatoes; homemade ketchup
Lunch: Leftover chili over baked white potato
Dinner: Taco salad with hamburger meat, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, salsa, and a better version of avocado ranch dressing

Day Eighteen
Breakfast: Fried eggs; zucchini-sweet potato latkes; blueberry sausages
Snack: Shared a Coconut Cream Pie Larabar
Lunch: Fajita meat; salsa; guacamole; Leftover Chicken No-Tortilla Soup that was gotten from the freezer and reheated
Snack: Baked Plantain Slices
Dinner: Coconut chicken patties; roasted carrots; Coconut Cauliflower "Rice" with pineapple, cashews, peas, and carrots [inspired by two different recipes]

Day Nineteen
Breakfast: Smoothie with kale, banana, pineapple juice and coconut milk that I'd frozen in an ice cube tray, kiwi, macadamia nuts
Lunch: Salad with leftover taco meat and leftover carnita meat, avocado, salsa; baked sweet potato
Dinner: Leftover chicken patties and cauliflower rice

Day Twenty
Breakfast: Fried eggs; Aidell's sausage
Snack: Smoothie with kale, apple, banana, raspberries, pummelo, macadamia nuts, coconut milk, and water
Lunch: Salad (yep, that's all I wrote down)
Dinner: The Whole30 Saturday Tradition AKA Hamburger patty on lettuce; leftover chicken patty; roasted sweet and white potatoes

Day Twenty-One
Breakfast:Scrambled eggs; shared banana
Lunch: Chicken salad on lettuce; pears, apples, flaked coconut, almond butter
Dinner: BBQ Beef [from Well Fed 2] with homemade barbecue sauce (from the ketchup that I'd made) over baked sweet potato (have I mentioned that this is the best meal EVER?!); homemade coleslaw [from Well Fed 2]
I tried to make some snow ice cream with honey and coconut milk, but that did NOT work like I'd planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment